Monday, June 20, 2011

Perfect Timing

I found Aaron unconscious a few days ago. The next hour or so was pretty scary until he was coherent again and had been evaluated in the hospital. It's amazing how comforting it feels to know that your child is in capable hands when the situation is well beyond your own expertise; in this instance the hands of qualified medical staff in an excellent children's hospital.

It was a relief to see him looked after well but at the same time from the moment I realized that something was wrong, I felt an amazing sense of His hand through it all. I didn't know what was wrong with my son but I knew that a phone call would bring help right away. I knew we were in the country that, while costly, has the fastest and best medical help on the planet. If it had happened where home is to us now it would have been a totally different scenario! He is good and He is in control.

"And we know that (He) causes everything to work together for the good of those who love (Him) and are called according to his purpose for them." Rom: 8:28

Note: Aaron had a seizure and apparently it's more common than I ever realized for a kid to have one at some point. He had blood work and a CAT scan which were normal so the doctor said that unless he has another one that we should basically live life like this one never happened.

No comments: