Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Heroes

"The g-dly people in the land are my true heroes!
I take pleasure in them." ~Ps. 16:3 (NLT)

Lately I've read a lot of discouraging comments about those who Believe. Granted some of them are from those who are looking for the worse case scenario in order to support their own agendas, but still sad that they are able to find examples to document. We are all fallen. We are not perfect. We all make obvious mistakes and need a Perfect One. But as I read the above words recently my heart sang a resounding, "Yes!"

Because they are 'in the land' where I am our co-workers here came to mind first. We have an amazing group of self-sacrificial co-workers here, both in FS and in sister activities! People who put aside their own comforts, desires, and rights every day in practical ways to serve others. In fact, everyone gets along exceptionally well because of our common goal and focus. They really are my heroes!

But those of you in other lands came to mind immediately after! I know some amazing people. So many who truly are g-dly and selflessly serve. You are the yet unsung heroes who I admire. People who are quietly faithful and live out Matt. 6 and 7 every day. You inspire me!

Thank you!

No comments: