Monday, January 9, 2012

Fallibility

The other day I got to go to my very first ever rodeo---in New Zealand.  Ironic since I used to live in Texas!  We had a blast sitting on lawn chairs on the hillside beside the corral.  Very fun and family oriented.  

It was the first beautiful sunny day since we arrived here and since where we usually live is so smoggy that it's impossible to get a suntan, we still had unusually fair, sensitive skin.  Lots of sunscreen was applied!

The sunscreen worked pretty well but as I stood in front of the mirror at the end of the day I had to laugh.  While most of my skin was just a bit more tanned than before, there were weird spots all over the place of red that I missed with the sunscreen.  I had remembered my ears but not the lobes where my earrings were,  the crease of one inner arm.  a sliver on the back of the other arm, one strip across the front of my neck.  It looked pretty funny!

It reminded me that I am fallible, that sometimes I can't see the whole picture, and that I often need help to do a good job.

My skin will heal, but there are so many more important things that I am glad I don't have to do in my own strength and under my own power! 

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that (His) power may rest on me."  
2 Cor. 12:9


P.S. Last week we were on holiday and took time off to just have fun!  Yesterday we kicked back into gear a bit by speaking somewhere and have lots of appointments to get together with people this week. That will be fun, too! We're also working on details to settle Hannah in to start school. 

No comments: