Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Known

I've met a lot of people in my life. And while I very much enjoy that, there's something precious about spending time with someone who already knows you.  Who you don't have to explain everything about your life to, who knows your likes and dislikes, your passions, your fears, your family.  Someone who already knows that you tend to walk into lampposts or stumble over curbs when you're distracted.  Who knows that you sometimes snort when you laugh and what you look like without mascara after you cry.

It's a beautiful thing to be KNOWN.


I got to see a close friend of many years from Fiji a couple of months ago.  We hadn't seen each other in at least 4 years or communicated much at all in that time, yet the few precious hours together flew. We know many things about each other and have been through many things together. 

I didn't realize how much in my somewhat transient life I missed really being KNOWN.

What an amazing thing it is that we have a Creator who not only made us but takes the time to KNOW us.  And how much that is an expression of His incredible love.


When Hagar was being persecuted by Sarai for simply doing what her mistress had asked her to do, she ran away to the wilderness.  She was met there in a very personal way with a very special message and ended up giving the L0rd a new name, "You are the G0d who sees me......." (Gen. 16:13)

One of my favorite verses!  To be really SEEN.  KNOWN.

The link to the video below is an amazing tribute to Him who sees us, knows us, loves............


To be known is to be loved and to love is to be known!