Friday, May 17, 2013

Reflections on (or reflection of!) Light


"I am the light of the world.  If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."     -John 8:12

Light
Dispels darkness
Soft glowing iridescent
Shines brighter in the absence of
Peace


"You light a lamp for me.  The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness."
 -Ps. 18:28

"I am the moon with no light of my own
Still you have made me to shine
And as I go in this cold, dark, night
I know I can't be a light unless I turn my face to You.
You are the sun."
                                 -Sarah Groves


Divine Exposure

light
does not
choose to make
the shadow, and Christ
does not choose to judge the 
world; but goodness, it's
roots deep in God,
always exposes
wickedness
                                     -Richard Kidd

"Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble.  Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon."  
-Is. 58:10


Light......